Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone Marrow Pics

Man this turned out great.  Everyone enjoyed it.  I did a chicken on egg at 350* and did the bone marrow as well.  After the chicken was taken off, I raised the temp to 400*, indirect.  I put them on foil during cook afraid marrow would fall out the bottom of the bones into the egg.

I cooked them until they were soft and looked done, about 30 minutes in total.  The marrow was starting to seperate from the bone.  I just salt and peppered them and garlic before hand.  Afterward I served on toast with a parsley salad (parsley, shallots thinly sliced, anaheim peppers finely diced, cooked down and cooled, oil, lime).  was fantastic...here are pics.
- EAT BEEF -

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Thanks!  I need to check my supermarket and see if they offer this.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I love marrow. That looks awesome.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tays44
    tays44 Posts: 93
    Kroger down here in Dallas area had it. Pretty random as I don't usually shop there. Packs of 6 pieces ranged from $2.75 to $3.00 depending on weight.

I read they freeze well. I think I'm gonna get a few more packs while they have them and do just that.
    - EAT BEEF -
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Looks great...I usually see the bones cut open lengthwise, not crosswise...I'll have to keep my eyes open...roasted marrow spread over crusty baguette is one if life's great food pleasures!