Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

wow mini bge cracked.. during burn clean?

I was cleaning up the mini yesterday and did a burn clean. Funny I mentioned in griffins threads they made me nervous. Well cleaning off my old gasket the mini is cracked. Disappointed and a bit nervous how the dealer we will handle this.
What could I have done wrong? I did burn clean, then used it for brats...

Mini is 8 months old or so.
Seattle, WA
·

Comments

• If you bought it new, it will be covered.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • You did nothing wrong. It's made to get that hot. If its new call the dealer. You'll get a new free warrenty replacement part.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,706
    Called dealer , said pics or bring by and then in distributor hands. Sounds promising.... good.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Same thing happened to my XL: base, fire grate, fire ring. Sent pics on a Wednesday, picked up replaced stuff on Monday. Lifetime warrenty is legit.

BOOMER!
    ·
    edited January 2013
    Pics sent , use in the meantime Safe? Checked all other parts seem fine. Will they just give me a base?

Seattle, WA
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Wow, that stinks. I would imagine you'd have no trouble with getting a new base under warranty.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    Cracked 8 month old egg I can stop the craigslist searches I do at times as the case for new and under warranty has been made. Loud and clear!
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Bummer Skinny.  You will probably get just the base.  Lots of old cracked vase have been recycled as planter. 
    Go over to Bubba Tim's website he has a very good video about replacing gaskets and removing the band.  Just make sure you have some plastic zip ties handy.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • No, I would not use it in that condition.   JMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,519
    edited January 2013
    I bought two of my Eggs second hand and I fear this happening to me and not having a warranty to fall back on. I'm sorry about your crack problem.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    Couldn't resist, took some precautions and did some rib eyes. It hung in there.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Skinny for the first time in years I disagree with Smitty. Use it till your new one gets here. Bet it will last several years in fact.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    edited January 2013
    If worried till replaced. Go to big box type store and buy a big wire hose clamp and put that around it. LawnRanger has one of his Minis like that for years and he travels with it.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Yeah, I will use lightly. Got it up to 450 no issues last night. It should hang in there until replaced. Just love this little thing
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    The base of one of my larges has been cracked for six months.  I still cook on it weekly with no problems.  I've just been too lazy to pull it out of the table and replace it.  It's gonna make a great pot for a patio tomato!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    Skinny for the first time in years I disagree with Smitty. Use it till your new one gets here. Bet it will last several years in fact.
    I certainly feel better if there were to be an unexpected house fire I suggested against....LOL.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
    Zzzzzzzzz someone wake me when i get a replacement. Still waiting.....sheesh
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,589
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    You waiting for your dealers next shipment? I love living close to the retail store they replace everything on the spot.
    ·