Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Flanken ribs on th XL

Quick and easy. Got carried away watching the games yesterday and didn't thaw anything to cook for dinner. Had these in the fridge for an after work weeknight dinner since they don't take much time. I just scrape them real well since there's a lot of bone residue from the bandsaw, trim the excess fat and marinaded them in Yoshidas. Cooked them at around 300 for about 30min turning and keeping an eye on them. The high sugar content of the marinade will burn if not careful. I'm sure you could do a low and slow but the family was hungry. By the way it was 78F and sunny here yesterday. My hats off to you guys who cook outside in the temperatures you've posted

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

• Looks great. What exactly are flanken ribs? I did some rib tips the other night, but it seems like these are beef? Are they basically the same as pork rib ends only beef?
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 867
    Flanken ribs are short ribs cut across the bone. In this case, these look like they are thin, the type used for Korean BBQ. English style are cut with the bones. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 786
     Flanken ribs are beef ribs that are cut 90degrees to the bones. So each "rib" is about 1/2 inch thick with about six small bones at the bottom. They are commonly called Korean ribs.  I guess I should have done some closeups.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • __________________________________________

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious