I did two separate cooks this weekend. I started the brisket Friday evening, had everything dialed in. I woke up at 5am and looked at the Maverick and saw that the egg had crept up to about 248 and it said the food was right at 194. Went out to check the brisket and it turns out that I didn't have the probe in the best spot and the center was still showing around 180. My downfall was that I adjusted the vents to bring me back down to 225 and ended up pretty much putting out the fire. Eventually got the temp where I wanted it but unfortunately didn't make it back to sleep. Brisket eventually finished and I cooked this one much better than last week (was only my second brisket). Ended up doing burn ends that were really good as well. My only downfall for this cook was that I used the Salt Lick rub that I bought at the store and it was way too spicy. I need to get something sweeter and less spicy for next time.
I did the ribs a day later and did a Jamaican Jerk recipe I found online. I did half wet and half dry, and both turned out amazing, but the wet was probably my favorite.