Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Dogs and Burgers

This isn't much of an impressive spread...we've been eating pretty simple lately.  But decided to share it since it's a little bit different.  I'm not sure how my processor makes these venison hot dogs, but they do a great job.  Great flavor, and everyone loves them.  Can't tell it's deer meat....just tastes like a meatier regular hot dog is all. 

I also grinded up an 8.5 lb boneless venison ham the other day (with my Kitchen Aid) for deer jerky purposes.  I ended up having some leftover ground meat that I had to use up, so I whipped up some bacon burgers to go along with the hot dogs.  I simply added in some pork bacon, Dale's Reduced Sodium Seasoning and Dizzy Pig Cosmic Cow for these burgers...

No plated pix, but everyone has seen hamburgers and hot dogs put together.  ;)

Pretty good dinner.  I killed two deer this year, and we are still working on the first one.  We've been eating the heck out of it, and we also gave a bunch of it away.  Just tossed in my 2nd deer today that I killed before the season ended.  Probably won't give so much of this one away.  We should be stocked up until next season.  :)

Comments