Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Freezer Burn Brisket?

So I was at HEB yesterday and I wanted to get a brisket but nothing was on sale. I noticed that there was a brisket that passed the 'Sell By' date by 1 day so I asked the butcher what they did with the brisket. She thought she had already chunked all of the expired briskets so I showed her this one. She couldn't sell me this one but there was another one where the back was torn somewhere (couldn't find it) and so it had lost the vacuum in the packaging (didn't expire for another 10days). She told me that she could sell me that one very cheap and that it was still good to eat. I went ahead and bought it because it was about $30 off. There was some freezer burn on the edges which I cut off. I trimmed the rest of it and plan to smoke it starting tonight. Is this a good idea cooking this brisket or am I risking sickness or bad flavor?

Comments