Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggfest

We need an eggfest in the southwest alabama northwest florida area.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,474
    I second that, short drive for me.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    You do. Only it is in Salado, TX. On March 16th. We have them coming from Canada and Mexico.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• I was just thinking that the other day. I'm an hour from Tuscaloosa, little north for y'all. But I'd be all in! Closest one to me is Atlanta 8 hours!

XLBGE 
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    edited January 2013
    I agree, NW Florida Isn't there one in Gulfport?

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• I wish we had one in North Alabama too!

BGE-XL

North Alabama

• There's one in Gulfport but the tickets are sold out. Thinking about going to the one in Atlanta in October. Has anyone else been?
  • oh man didnt know about the gulfport one. that would be close enough!

what are the qualifications for throwing one?? do we need a dealer? of course i know we can just have a shindig on our own.

XLBGE 
  • I went to one in Gulfport, MS about a year ago.
    Mudpuppy45 (Ten Miles North of the Gulf in Alabama) Large BGE
  • I don't know what the qualifications are? @mudpuppy45 how was it?
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    What part of Alabama are you Bama folks in? Cullman, AL here.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mobile here.
  • Shtgunal3 

We're from Foley, AL
  • rolltideegghead
    "I don't know what the qualifications are?"

No qualifications, just pay you fee and go.  Seems like we got there about 9 a.m. and snacked till about 1:00 p.m. Didn't stay for Door Prizes. Got over about 5:00 p.m. but seems to get slow towards the end.  Visited with the different cooks, got a lot of cooking tips and equipment tips.  Really enjoyed it and will go again and hope to go to Atlanta's too.
    Oh, by the way: "WAR EAGLE"

• @mudpuppy45 I hope AU has a better year than last year.
  • Not qualifications to go, to host one.

@Shtgunal3
    We fly to a little grass strip outside of jasper every now and then for lunch or breakfast. Always cross into the cullman skydivers radio space.

XLBGE 
  • egghead4bamaegghead4bama Posts: 25
    edited January 2013
    @ shtgunal3..... Hartselle... Here

BGE-XL

North Alabama

• @mudpuppy45 I hope AU has a better year than last year.
    I don't think there's anyway but up for them.
  • oh man didnt know about the gulfport one. that would be close enough!

what are the qualifications for throwing one?? do we need a dealer? of course i know we can just have a shindig on our own.
    I think you have to be a Big Green Egg dealer....supply the Eggs to cook on....not sure what else.
    The cooks have to pay a larger fee.....supply everything that they will need other than the Egg.....not sure what the reward is.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice to meet all you Bama folks

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .