Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My new BGE table nest

I recieved a BGE for Christmas from my kids(I would noit trade them, now!!!)  I read this forum a few days to get input for my nest. I made it out of antigue reclaimed cryress from a house that was built in the 1800's. The egg rest shelf comes out pass the bottom draw to help in keeping the ashes out. I finished with 3 coats of marine varnish.

IMG_0098.JPG 291.7K
IMG_0097.JPG 288.4K
·

Comments

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 388
    Beautiful!  I seriously need to consider re-doing mine with cypress.  Everyone else's table is awesome. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Beautiful table...make sure you put the BGE on a paver stone with something (little green feet, egg stand) between the paver stone & the BGE to prevent scorching/burning of your table....enjoy your cooks & post pics here.
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,750
    Wow - Very Nice - Want to make me one?

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Thanks guys, I have the granite cutout if needed but i though if you have the nest nothing was needed It was fun planning and making the table. Lucky I have enough old cypress and the tools to build it. The sides are tounge in groove cypress I made from ceiling boards..
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,089
    Really nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,497
    Nice work
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,066
    You did all that since Christmas?!?!?

Congrats!  I am humbled (and embarrassed!)  
    :-S

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Yes  I Strated around the 29th of Dec.  I had to cut and plane most of the wood from old rough 2 x 4s and mill it Find the granite and have it installed after I finished the table.  I do a lot of wood working as a hobby .
    ·
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    Very nice. Wish I would of made my whole top granite instead of just an inlay.

Beautiful work.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·