Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Had my BGE two months. Here's what I've cooked so far ...

I've had my large BGE for about two months now, and I've been lurking on the forums for most of that time.  I thought I should go ahead and post about my experience so far.  I've done baby back ribs three times, pizza three times, pulled pork twice (once "turbo" and once low and slow), sausages twice, a whole chicken, chicken drumsticks, a packer brisket ("Travis" style), a pork tenderloin, rum beans, apple crisp, apple strudel, blueberry cobbler, and about 18 million chicken wings.  Some sample pics are below.  Thanks for having me.

Some things I've learned:
1. Get your temperature stabilized BEFORE putting on the food.
2. The brand of charcoal really does matter.
3. Too much smoke is not so yummy for cobbler.
4. Homemade sausages can explode.
5. DP Tsunami Spin is actually just crack cocaine disguised as a BBQ rub.
6. A fish rub (DP Raging River, salt free) + a beef rub (DP Cow Lick) = good pork rub.
7. A wireless thermometer is really handy.
8. I have an obsession with my egg.  I think about potential cooks a lot.  A LOT.

Things I haven't figured out:
[error: your browser does not support itemized lists with greater than 10,000 items]

Comments