Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Winter Cooking Tips

2»

Comments

• NDGNDG Posts: 971
    I have BGE BBQ guru DigiQ DX2.
    Columbus, Ohio
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,253
    @NDG - sounds like your fan is freezing.  Squirt some WD-40 in the bushing to try drying it out.

@NDG  sounds like your fan is freezing.  Squirt some WD-40 in the bushing to try drying it out.

• gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 786
    I cooked a 9 lb shoulder Saturday night to Sunday afternoon, almost 15 hours.  When I started the temperature was -10ºC the egg kept steady between 225 to 235 at the grate level.  Did not use a fan controller and there was no problems.  I used a Maverick to monitor the cook.

Gerhard
  • NDGNDG Posts: 971
    You could be right bc I always seem to get liquid pour out (under an ounce total) when I pulled the fan from the egg . .ill try that, thanks . .
    Columbus, Ohio
    NDG said:
    You could be right bc I always seem to get liquid pour out (under an ounce total) when I pulled the fan from the egg . .ill try that, thanks . .
    Let us know if that works and we'll know it's something legit to try next time someone reports that problem.