Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plate Setter ??

I have kept my plate setter outside in the 15 degree temperatures. If I was to put it in a hot egg, will it crack it ??

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,937
    I am still a newbie but from what I have read I believe it is better to put a cold plate setter in a cold egg and let it heat up gradually as the egg does.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• +1 on heating it up gradually.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,245
    Should not crack but better to get the fire started and then load up the PS, drip pan, cooking grid and anything else as the temp/fire builds.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Shouldn't crack unless something is wrong with it (3 yr warrantee), but I wouldn't put a frozen platesetter into a 600+ degree egg.  If you are at 400 should be fine