Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egret's chili tonight

Firing up a batch of Egret's chili tonight.  Man I love this stuff, even if I have to wear a seatbelt to keep me from lifting off when I goto the bathroom tomorrow.  Will post results after finished.  
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,866
    By results, I hope you mean before you eat the chili ;)

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,406
    edited December 2012

You show that turd who's boss!
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390

By results, I hope you mean before you eat the chili ;)

Yes, results of food.
    ·

You show that turd who's boss!
    How bout a courtesy flush.
    ·
    "Who does number two work for!?"

Seriously though, love chili.  Need to try that recipe - cocoa powder give it a little mole flavor?

·

"Who does number two work for!?"

Seriously though, love chili.  Need to try that recipe - cocoa powder give it a little mole flavor?

It's a fantastic recipe. Hats off the egret. I only use one Serrano though, being a sissy from the Northeast and all.
    ·
    all ingredients combined, now two hours uncovered.  
    ·
  • Beans?  I thought you were making chili.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    Beans?  I thought you were making chili.
    And here we go...  I forgot there are Texans on this board.  
    ·
    Beanz?!  Them is a greenhouse gas!  (my best imitation of a Texan)

·
  • Has anyone made this chili in a cast iron Dutch oven? I was just wondering with the acidic ingredients if it would be okay as long as I don't leave the chili in the Dutch oven for too long after cooking it.
    ·

Beanz?!  Them is a greenhouse gas!  (my best imitation of a Texan)

I am sure they will be the cause of quite a bit of gas.
    ·
    Pacuare said:
    Has anyone made this chili in a cast iron Dutch oven? I was just wondering with the acidic ingredients if it would be okay as long as I don't leave the chili in the Dutch oven for too long after cooking it.
    Yeah, that's totally fine.

·
    Pacuare said:

Has anyone made this chili in a cast iron Dutch oven? I was just wondering with the acidic ingredients if it would be okay as long as I don't leave the chili in the Dutch oven for too long after cooking it.

I am using a la creuset knock-off, isn't that a cast iron Dutch oven?
    ·
  • IrishDevl said:

Yours looked like it was enamel coated. The Dutch oven I have is not enamel coated. I should have been more specific.
    ·
    Chili in a cast iron (sans enamel) pot is totally fine.  I'd not cook anything in it if it was brand new and unseasoned, however.

·
    Pacuare said:

IrishDevl said:

Pacuare said:

Yours looked like it was enamel coated. The Dutch oven I have is not enamel coated. I should have been more specific.

Got it, no probs. I think fine like Nola wrote
    ·