Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bloody Mary Chili

I created this recipe for a VERY unofficial chili cook off at an SMU football tailgate, And it was a big hit. This was my second attempt at it and I made a couple of small changes. Will make a couple changes again next time, which I have noted in the recipe. The idea was to create a bloody mary based chili. Heat egg to 325 and add 1 big mesquite log Put cast iron pot on grill with olive oil (I use a 4 qt. cast iron pot that's a mix between a skillet and a pot) Sauté 3 jalapeños, 3 Japanese red peppers (next time I will use 2-it was pretty spicy), a yellow onion & 3 cloves of garlic seasoned w/ bloody mary rub (recipe below) Add 1.5 lb ground chili beef and 1 lb pork sausage, season w/ bloody mary rub and brown Drain Add 2 10oz cans of chunky rotel (drained) and 46 oz V8 hot & spicy (add as much as needed for texture and taste) Continue to season with bloody mary rub to taste Simmer in egg-this time I simmered for 3 hours. Bloody mary rub: 2 T celery salt (next time I will use celery powder-both times it has been a bit salty), 1 t chili powder, 1 t black pepper, 1 t granulated onion, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t brown sugar, 1/2 t cayenne I welcome any input or advice for next time

Comments