Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bigguy's Christmas Day Cook

bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 937
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum

I haven't posted a cook in some time so I thought I beter start. I had Christmas on Saturday with my family so BGE and myself spent Christmas day together. I started with a maple bourbon ham. As that was going on my egg, I made 4 loaves of french bread (sorry I did this in my oven). When the ham was done, I put on two geese and some venison. After that, I put on my first ever thin crust pizza. What a day and many left-overs.

Started with the ham

5 hours later at 250°

During the ham cooking, I put some french bread. I used the standard kitchenaid recipe

After the ham, I put on some venison and goose breasts

Here is the goosecooked to 165°

Here is the venison cooked to 135°

And the pizza using Zippy's cold dough recipe

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,667
    Lookz good.  Post moar!

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,452
    Looks great!  Nice cooks right there!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,245
    Very nice lookin' cooks, bigguy! 
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,968
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Wow! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • nemonemo Posts: 103
    Had goose for Christmas...the breasts you made looked great, think I'll try them instead of a whole goose. Where did you get the breasts?  Oh, what is your pizza plate resting on?  Thanks..
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • Had goose for Christmas...the breasts you made looked great, think I'll try them instead of a whole goose. Where did you get the breasts?  Oh, what is your pizza plate resting on?  Thanks..
    I got the goose from a co-worker. There was a great (non-gamie) flavor. The next day after a nuke job, they got a little tough. I used my plate setter and the Ø.250 rods from my adjustable rig as spacers.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·