Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

lump question

Just starting using Ozark Oak. Man, it sure burns hot. Anyone do a low and slow with it? Cooked some quarters and the temp got away from me. Vents barely open.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• I use wicked good and I barely vent to keep it at 260. Not sure but Royal Oak may be a little easier to manage for low temps.
  • Have only used royal oak with good results. Last couple of bags have had some huge pieces in them. I use the big pieces in the bottom of the fire box for low and slow cooks.

Alexander City,Al
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,049
    I have used ozark oak for a couple of 220 F cooks both over 20 hours with plenty left over in my XL.  I always fill to the top of the fire ring to be sure though.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI