Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket question

Hello everyone,

I am doing brisket for Christmas day for 27 people.  Ideally, I'd like to do it in advance.  Nature Boy recommended doing just a little in advance so it only required storage in the fridge.  My questions is this; if I smoked all of my brisket on the 22nd, would it still be good reheated properly on the 25th?  Thanks!

Aaron Peck

·

Comments

• brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    I am by no means a brisket expert, but if it's me - I'd cook it so that it's done a few hrs before they get there and wrap it up (foil or BP) and crank down the egg to 200 degree and store or in the oven at same temp.
    ·
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 261
    I have reheated brisket before.  Not quite as good as freshly pulled, but still very doable.  And, consider this - do it on the 22nd, and if something goes wrong, you have back up time. 
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
    ·
  • I will go with some of the other commentors above... Best results will be done before they show up...the meat will not be as fresh and moist if done before.... 

I have done enough to know that the meat can "rest" for up to 5-6 hours in a cooler and have a good brisket.  

Worst case do a puller pork/pork butt.... similar but less time to cook... just a thought.

BGE Large... Go get 'em! "Cant means you haven't tried."

Tulsa, OK

·
  • Short answer is no.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Thanks guys.  Looks like I'll pull an all nighter on Christmas Eve!
    ·
  • I know it's too late but I've had great luck w slicing brisket and then vacuum sealing w some au jus inside. Then place vacuum bags in hot water (simmering) for an hour or 2 until it reaches safe temp. Time may vary. The brisket stays nice and moist w this method.
    ·