Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Greek/Honey Ribs

Options

I was looking for a different spin on ribs (BB's). I am getting tired of them tasting like BBQ sauce.

We have gotten to where John Henry's Greek Rub is our go to rub for pork and chicken. It is very good. So, in thinking about a "dry" rib, I decided to give it a shot.

I took the ribs out of the cryo, washed them off, patted dry, and applied a medium portion of the Greek rub. Onto the Egg at 300 for 2 hours. Opened Egg and basted in honey I thinned out a little by warming it up. Also sprinkled a little more Greek rub. Total cook time, 4.5 hours at 300.

These were some of the best ribs I have ever eaten. My wife, who doesn't really like ribs, ate half a rack. I would highly recommend this rub in general and also recommend giving this a shot.

My photography skills continue to dissapoint but the food was great. Happy Holidays.

imageimage
XL,L,S 
Winston-Salem, NC 

Comments