Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey redemption?

My Thanksgiving turkey didn't turn out very good, mostly because I brined a frozen and pre-injected turkey, and because the temp was a bit too high. So I'm trying another one, and see if it will come out better. Holding in at 325, no brine (my wife got another frozen bird, it's what we can get in our small town). Butter-thyme-rosemary-lemon rub, S&P. And a few apple chips, not too many. I'll post some pictures in a while. Looking good so far. 
LBGE

Comments

• Came out much better. Here is one picture about half way through the cook. Did the whole schmear including stuffing (in the oven), mashed potatoes, outstanding gravy, roasted vegetables and cranberry sauce.
    LBGE
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Looks very good. Glad to hear you nailed it this time.