Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Does anyone have suggestions for smoking a chicken at the same time as a brisket?

I'm new as an Egghead. My first attempt was amazing -- baby backs according to a friend's recipe.

I now want to smoke a brisket as well as a couple of chickens, at the same time..., and I have the brisket recipe, but my wife wants me to cook a chicken or two for the non-meat-eaters in our crowd.

Question -- does someone have a suggestion for smoking both meats at the lower temperature required for the brisket?
I have 2 separate remote thermometers, so I should be able to jam one in the chicken and one in the brisket, so I can gauge when to pull out the first meat -- maybe increasing the temp for the chicken if it's the last to finish. But, I would imagine that the chicken is not cooked nearly as long as the brisket is.

Do you have suggestions?

Thanks.

Wino Jeff

Comments