Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothership is unbelievably understanding

Options
So my wife bought me a Large BGE for a wedding present 5 years ago, she did so through emails and phone conversation, the receipt was emailed to her old maiden name email (which has since been deactivated).  So here I am with no reciept of my BGE and the store she purchased it at is out of business and no where to be found.  I have several cracks in my base and I am fearing it will continue to deteriorate with the cold weather, etc.  So I email BGE Corporate and tell them my story and I get back a short email from very nice guy, that he is comfortable that I am the original owner and all claims will go through corporate.  I was floored, as we have all dealt with customer service reps from other places and they treat the customer like crap.  My loyalty to BGE was already strong, but now I feel like a part of the family.

Comments

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    As a new owner of an Egg, that is good to hear. I'm curious, did you register it online with the serial number after you bought it?
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    They are great to deal with I had a ceramic top stick to the BGE cover and came loose before I realized it. I sent a email just to see if I could go about getting a replacement one and they ended up giving me a new one and some gasket material to make it more secure in the future. Now I don't know too many other companies that would do that since technically I was at fault. I am one Eggstatic Customer as well! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Eggerman1
    Options
    No I didn't know you could register them online, had I done so, I wouldn't have needed to contact the Mothership from what I hear.  I thought I would have to buy a new egg, this was a great day.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited November 2012
    Options

BGE and Bruce in customer service are the best there is. IMO

I've had a 10 year relationship with BGE on many levels, top knotch.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think registering online is fairly new.  I think I'm coming up on two years, and it wasn't and option when I got mine.  Mail in the green card! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.