Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork casserole ideas

JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 192
Does anybody have a good casserole recipe that features pulled pork? We've already done the fajitas/tacos/nachos with our leftovers and I'd like to finish them off so I have room/excuse to do another smoke this weekend. Thanks.
"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,360
    edited November 2012
    Lasagna style but use roasted poblanos instead of noodles. You can use Mexican rice too. Pizzas are awesome with it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,142
    edited November 2012
    I've never made a casserole, but I've made Enchiladas and Pizzas with my leftover PP.

I love the lasagna idea!  You could also make a Mexican pie type thing using green chili tortillas.  Sort of like one of those 9 layer dips, but a lasagna/pie. 
    <making a note to try this>
    :-B
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • I've never made a casserole, but I've made Enchiladas and Pizzas with my leftover PP.

I love the lasagna idea!  You could also make a Mexican pie type thing using green chili tortillas.  Sort of like one of those 9 layer dips, but a lasagna/pie. 
    <making a note to try this>
    :-B
    I learned that by mistake. I did a bunch of poblanos and put them in paper bags forgetting that it was cold out. I was trying to make chili rellenos. :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Think Soup/stew. Like a hambone style soup but with pulled pork :) 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069

What about like a Mexican lasagna using tortillas instead of noodles, maybe with some corn and black beans, Oaxaca cheese, Chihuahua or queso blanco (not sure what kinds of mex cheeses you can get in your neck of the woods) or Monterrey Jack, enchilada sauce. Although, now that I think about it, that would be kinda like a stacked enchilada casserole vs rolled up enchiladas.

Could you come up with a stir fry for it?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chili turns out nice with pulled pork.
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,483
    barbequed bean and cheese rellanos would be good with the pulled pork, trick is to find big poblanos

brunswick stew is good to, chop or grind the pull though,
  • barbequed bean and cheese rellanos would be good with the pulled pork, trick is to find big poblanos

Those rellanos look mighty tasty
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Thanks, all, for the suggestions. Went with a taco pizza tonight and a simple cream soup/stuffing casserole for tomorrow. Definately going to do the pablano "noodles" in the near future.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA