Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey time!

Brined a 15LB bird or 36 hours. Injected with lemon garlic butter. Placed ice packs on breast for 30 minutes. Plate setter in with the bird in a v-rack and foil pan. 350 degrees until breast hit 160.. Used a small piece of pecan wood for just a little smoke.. Foil tent after an hour on top half.
image.jpg 2.4M

Comments

• So how long was th total cook?
  • Looks good! You will need to clean that plate setter so you don't get flavors you didn't plan on.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 876
    Really long brine. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Turned out amazing.. Just at 2.5 hours.. I would not do the lemon garlic injection next time.. Gave it moisture but a little powerful Tate..
  • I would also not brine next bird I cook. Ruins the drippings / gravy.. Too salty..
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 18,075
    15 pound bird brined at 5-6% salt should be pulled out at 24-30 hours.  Make sure you rinse thoroughly (I fill up a tub of fresh water and work it through the skin, inside and out) - there's a lot of salt on the surface.  Don't inject if you brine, if you insist, NO salt in the injection fluid.  The amount of salt in the drippings should be minimal.