Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old Forum on life support - do you see what you've done

2»

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    McNuttly said:

it's almost hard to believe how scarce the collective sense of humor is in these parts.  This thread was a good natured poke at what appears may be the end (or at least the beginning of the end) of the old forum.  The poke, taken so seriously by those that have attacked & 'troll flagged' me, couldn't possibly be more obvious.  As if anyone would believe for a second that 'you people' are personally responsible for the downfall of another internet bbq forum - please.  The day this forum went online the writing was on the wall for the old forum, it's simply the nature of evolution that the new replaces the old, the cycle of life.  While it has taken some time and may take some more, the inevitible will occur.  All of the infighting and animosity that has been displayed going in both directions from the date this site went on line through today has been nothing short of astounding to me, interesting to watch from the sidelines, but nonetheless astounding.  I will never understand why anyone here cares about what occurs there and vice versa.  Lighten up folks

If you don't understand why anyone cares what occurs at either site, why did you bother posting it. It's not like your Dan Rather reporting the nightly news, maybe you need to lighten up.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2012

This clown (McNuttly) is from the other forum.

Why doesn't he remove the makeup and red nose, reveal his true identity?

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• U_tarded said:
    it's almost hard to believe how scarce the collective sense of humor is in these parts.  This thread was a good natured poke at what appears may be the end (or at least the beginning of the end) of the old forum.  The poke, taken so seriously by those that have attacked & 'troll flagged' me, couldn't possibly be more obvious.  As if anyone would believe for a second that 'you people' are personally responsible for the downfall of another internet bbq forum - please.  The day this forum went online the writing was on the wall for the old forum, it's simply the nature of evolution that the new replaces the old, the cycle of life.  While it has taken some time and may take some more, the inevitible will occur.  All of the infighting and animosity that has been displayed going in both directions from the date this site went on line through today has been nothing short of astounding to me, interesting to watch from the sidelines, but nonetheless astounding.  I will never understand why anyone here cares about what occurs there and vice versa.  Lighten up folks
    If you don't understand why anyone cares what occurs at either site, why did you bother posting it. It's not like your Dan Rather reporting the nightly news, maybe you need to lighten up.

Utarded you seem confused so allow me to explain.  The fact that I don't understand why people care doesn't mean they don't care.  They most certainly do, including apparently you, thus my public service announcement.  Let me know if there's anything else I can help you out with
  • Focker said:

This clown (McNuttly) is from the other forum.

Why doesn't he remove the makeup and red nose, reveal his true identity?

Focker, 'his' makeup and red nose have been (intentionally) removed multiple times for the more than one year of his existence thus revealing his true identity, if it has somehow continued to escape your attention I cannot explain that
  • Focker
    Well grow a pair and enlighten me Mr McNuttly
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker said:
    Well grow a pair and enlighten me Mr McNuttly

or you could grow a brain & self-enlighten
  • Focker
    Better yet, send me an email
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker said:
    I already did, check your inbox
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    McNuttly said:
    Focker said:
    I already did, check your inbox

"Focker, I am your Father"
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm new or fairly new here...why is it every time I see Nuttly in a thread it gets ugly?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    I'm new or fairly new here...why is it every time I see Nuttly in a thread it gets ugly?
    simple really, it all goes back to my very first comment on the forum, a dig at famed member little steven.  It was a joke directed at a friend who understood it as such.  Unfortunately so many other members injected themselves into it not recognizing it was a joke & accordingly went & got themselves all upset about it 'on behalf' of little steven.  As a result the forum has collectively decided that McNuttly is unwelcome so the nut is attacked regardless of what he says
  • cazzy
    McNuttly said:
    henapple said:
    simple really, it all goes back to my very first comment on the forum, a dig at famed member little steven.  It was a joke directed at a friend who understood it as such.  Unfortunately so many other members injected themselves into it not recognizing it was a joke & accordingly went & got themselves all upset about it 'on behalf' of little steven.  As a result the forum has collectively decided that McNuttly is unwelcome so the nut is attacked regardless of what he says
    So who is McNuttly really?  I saw you repost the same pictures that Zip did but I don't know if I want to believe you're Marc.  If you are Marc, thanks again for your continuous help. :)

• Cazzy, to remove all doubt, yes you are correct.  McNuttly was created long before he appeared here as a joke on the old forum and I outed him then.  He's not the first I've created but all have shared the same common elements, they were all done with humor in mind & all were self-outed.  My 'anonymous characters' are never permanent and have never had malicious intent, however they always seem to quickly identify the 'serious' people on the forum, those that don't look for levity & humor in situations first but prefer to take a serious approach to everything.  You know the kind, people that want to be offended, & if not directly they inject themselves into a given situation to be offended on behalf of others they see as having been attacked.  I've always wondered why the real world doesn't provide enough of that nonsense...  when I log onto a bbq forum I take the default position that everything said by everyone is said in jest.  If it turns out not to be the case often that makes it even funnier.  Not everyone shares my particular sense of humor, I get that, as I don't share everyone else's; however I do like to believe I can at least recognize a sense of humor even if I don't share it which is a lot better than getting all upset about it...

• cazzy
    edited November 2012
    McNuttly said:

Cazzy, to remove all doubt, yes you are correct.  McNuttly was created long before he appeared here as a joke on the old forum and I outed him then.  He's not the first I've created but all have shared the same common elements, they were all done with humor in mind & all were self-outed.  My 'anonymous characters' are never permanent and have never had malicious intent, however they always seem to quickly identify the 'serious' people on the forum, those that don't look for levity & humor in situations first but prefer to take a serious approach to everything.  You know the kind, people that want to be offended, & if not directly they inject themselves into a given situation to be offended on behalf of others they see as having been attacked.  I've always wondered why the real world doesn't provide enough of that nonsense...  when I log onto a bbq forum I take the default position that everything said by everyone is said in jest.  If it turns out not to be the case often that makes it even funnier.  Not everyone shares my particular sense of humor, I get that, as I don't share everyone else's; however I do like to believe I can at least recognize a sense of humor even if I don't share it which is a lot better than getting all upset about it...

I personally never was offended by you nor do I ever think I attacked your alter persona.  It was actually kinda entertaining is there was always a sense of sarcasm in your responses to people who flamed you.  You didn't go Rubmyrock on anyone and actually did provide some valid points in your initial post during the pizza thread.  I think what's most interesting is that if you made that exact post as Zippylip, it would have been a non-issue. lol

The funny thing is that Little Steven knew it was you from go.  
    McNuttly said:
    Don, you're welcome.  Steven, 'colours'?  Griffin, no, this is not the only internet forum. 
    Man you are a lippy guy! I didn't see a sign that said "Check the English language at the door"
  • cazzy said:
    McNuttly said:

Cazzy, to remove all doubt, yes you are correct.  McNuttly was created long before he appeared here as a joke on the old forum and I outed him then.  He's not the first I've created but all have shared the same common elements, they were all done with humor in mind & all were self-outed.  My 'anonymous characters' are never permanent and have never had malicious intent, however they always seem to quickly identify the 'serious' people on the forum, those that don't look for levity & humor in situations first but prefer to take a serious approach to everything.  You know the kind, people that want to be offended, & if not directly they inject themselves into a given situation to be offended on behalf of others they see as having been attacked.  I've always wondered why the real world doesn't provide enough of that nonsense...  when I log onto a bbq forum I take the default position that everything said by everyone is said in jest.  If it turns out not to be the case often that makes it even funnier.  Not everyone shares my particular sense of humor, I get that, as I don't share everyone else's; however I do like to believe I can at least recognize a sense of humor even if I don't share it which is a lot better than getting all upset about it...

I personally never was offended by you nor do I ever think I attacked your alter persona.  It was actually kinda entertaining is there was always a sense of sarcasm in your responses to people who flamed you.  You didn't go Rubmyrock on anyone and actually did provide some valid points in your initial post during the pizza thread.  I think what's most interesting is that if you made that exact post as Zippylip, it would have been a non-issue. lol

The funny thing is that Little Steven knew it was you from go.  
    McNuttly said:
    Don, you're welcome.  Steven, 'colours'?  Griffin, no, this is not the only internet forum. 
    Man you are a lippy guy! I didn't see a sign that said "Check the English language at the door"

Exactly correct on each count.  This is another one of those 'perception is reality' things, people perceive zippy as a good contributor & he gets some level of respect while the Nut is perceived as a nut when he says exactly the same thing. 

By the way our little friend also told us early on that he could 'zip' all 5 mother sauces off his head