Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sad day at the Hashmaker residence

Options
Hashmaker
Hashmaker Posts: 149
edited November 2012 in Off Topic
I bought my egg in April of this year and I have loved every second of it. I started slow by only cooking on the weekends. i discovered this forum and was inspired to use it more frequently. I now use it 4-5 days a week. I've cooked pizzas, burgers, steaks, butts, spatchcock chickens, ribs, pork chops, vegetables, briskets, smoked mac and cheese and even baked some cornbread. All of which has made me wonder what took me so long to get one. I'm drunk from the kool-aid!

But sadly, I leave for Munich, Germany tomorrow on a five week business trip. There's good beer and good food there and I will enjoy those but I will miss the food that comes from my egg. I'll miss the whole experience. From firing up a load of lump to rubbing butts to rolling pizzas to reading this forum for what to cook next. I tried to get some consolation from my wife but just got a funny look and a pat on the back. "It's ok honey" she said. So forgive me for the next five weeks. I'll be a lurker and will be living vicariously through all of you on this forum.

Oh yeah, I'll miss my family too!

Comments