Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuck Roast/Pork Shoulder Combo Cook

Options
With the wife away, I decided to restock the freezer and am cooking Chuck Roast to make Shredded Beef for tacos followed by an overnight cook of pork shoulder.  The beef is done and currently resting in the cooler. 

The meat was approximately 10# in 4 pieces.  I was amazed how long it took to cook although it did stall for about 4 hours and was finally done after 10 hours total.

I made up a basic rub with the following:

Here's the meat rubbed and ready to go

On it's way

Ready for the foil

With the Jalapenos, Red Pepper and Onion in the foil.  Little bit of beef broth also

I hope these taste as great as they smell.  I will post pics of the pulled beef and the pork cook soon.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• BuckeyeBob
    Options
    Here is the Beef pulled with the vegetables from the foil mixed in.

The Beef took forever to cook and even thought I pulled at about 208, I found it very hard to pull with a low yield.  Not sure if it was worth the effort although it does taste good.

Here are the pork butts rubbed and ready

Butts are on

Butts done

All pulled.  Tastes great

This was a long cook lasting from 2pm Saturday until the butts came off around 9am this morning.  I am now fully stocked for the cold weather coming up.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice job...like the veggie combo.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Looks very tasty.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX