Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Picture...Finished Pulled Ham Hocks

thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I cooked the hocks, pulled the meat, added rice and beans to the cooking liquid, added meat and it is now cooking.....serving with corn bread and watching the Giant's beat St Louis http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/JohnPatterson/21dfbcfe23800a889008cfec54090874.jpg

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,861
    Thats some good looking pork. How did you get so much meat from hocks? 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • So how did you cook them?
  • This is meat from 3 average size hocks......I smoked 20 lbs....you can see pictures of the size and how many hocks make up 20 lbs on a post I did yesterday.....these are fresh hooks and I put nothing on them......smoked with mesquite charcoal and apple chips for about 31/2 hours at 215 degrees
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    @thailandjohn looks good can you share you recipe for beans pleaseeeee  :bz
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    edited October 2012
    This is a test from my iPhone.....this has nothing to do with ham hocks.....this is a brisket picture and I was trying something on my iPhone
    image.jpg 2.1M