Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

pork sirloin tip roast recipe?

BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 554
edited October 2012 in Pork
Just picked up a 3 pound roast was thinking rub 350 degrees indirect to IT 140 or so. Any other ideas?
Edina, MN

Comments

• BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 554
    Tonight is the night, any suggestions? 
    Edina, MN

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Man I hate you haven't gotten a response.  Just trying to bump for you because I haven't personally done one.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 18,075
    I'd put some rub on it and cook it indirect at 300-350F  to 140 internal.  It's too lean for pulled pork and it's not good overdone.

r270ba said:
    Man I hate you haven't gotten a response.  Just trying to bump for you because I haven't personally done one.

Thanks for the bump.

I'd put some rub on it and cook it indirect at 300-350F  to 140 internal.  It's too lean for pulled pork and it's not good overdone.

That was my thinking was just looking to confirm.  The plan is to go for a cuban style meal with black beans and fried plantains.  Thanks for your input.

Edina, MN

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Thanks Nola!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 18,075
    Sounds good!

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 18,468
    make a mojo dipping sauce as well
    make a mojo dipping sauce as well

Good call! 

Edina, MN