Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on the Swing Rack

Options
Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

We have this great convection oven so I figured "Why go to all the trouble of doing one on the egg?"  Fact is, I never did do one in the oven and a great reason to go to all the time-consuming trouble of doing it on the BGE came to me.:

I wasted lots of dough, store bought and home made until I settled on a recipe that suits us.  I destroyed several pizzas on different set ups.  Some inedible, some tasted great but were horribly misshapen.  Finally got a Lodge 14" CI pizza pan and slapped it on the Swing Rack.

With the Super Peel the whole set up works easily for me.

Pepperoni, jalapeno, pimento and cactus.  It's (almost) "round" and took up every bit of the 14 inch pan.  Wife wants me to do a spicy Portuguese anchovy pizza soon.  I probably will but I'll need a bit of "liquid courage" to eat it.

My actuary says I'm dead.
019.JPG 358.7K
002.JPG 453.6K
022.JPG 708.7K

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I sometimes use the Lodge CI pan for pizza.  You know it isn't necessary to preheat the pan.  You can make the pizza right in the pan.

Not sure if the heated pan makes a difference in the texture of the crust.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    Bayside,

That's one awesome looking pizza!!!  The super peel is for sure a must have tool, sure wish I would've thought of that one.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com