Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Successful Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

jfarleyjfarley Posts: 145
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
After four attempts, including the second attempt at this recipe I pulled off a delicious peach cobbler:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/peach-cobbler/

I stuck to the written recipe (the video varies a bit). The first time I tried the bread was a bit doughy, not quite completely cooked. I let the second attempt go a bit longer, closer to 50 - 55 minutes. Even thought the dome temp dropped to around 400 degrees the dough was cooked through. Having cooked it with the lid off, it had a beautiful crust and was a big hit at the dinner table. I served it right at the table with the DO sitting on two bricks. Even though the picture makes it look a bit burnt around the edges that was not a problem with the flavor and the DO seasoning made clean up easy. We will be doing this recipe again.   

BBQ 100612 004.jpg
640 x 480 - 125K
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA

Comments