Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anybody Used The Oakridge BBQ Rubs? (Pic)

CullumCullum Posts: 214
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Have heard good things about them. Anyone tried them?
MJT_7152.jpg 73.1K
·

Comments

• They are definitly worth trying.

Secret weapon is the best rub on Ribs I've tried to date.

To me competition Beef and pork and gamebird and chicken are both loaded on the sweet side vs the spicy side.

The Santa María was Good on steak the one time I tried it , and I will try it again ; although I'm not real fond of the sugar in it.
    ·
  • CullumCullum Posts: 214
    Thanks. I ordered some Secret Weapon and the brine. Interested to see how their brine turns out.
    ·
  • Thanks guys!  We truly appreciate the business.  If you should ever have any questions, just holler.

Mike Trump
    Owner/CEO, Oakridge BBQ LLC
    ·
  • I have a bag of the brine and it is also very good.
    ·
  • gte1gte1 Posts: 376

Tried the Habanero Death Dust on some wings.  It was very good.  Hot, but not as bad as the name implies.  Very tasty.  I also ordered the sample pack.  We tried some Competition rub and Secret Weapon on some ribs.  I liked the secret wepon much better.  It seemed that the Comp. was a little bland, as I like my ribs with no sauce I like a rub with a little more punch.

George
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,530
    I think they should name a rub "Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow"

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Or just Elvira!!
    ·
  • OakRidge - Where are these made?
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
    ·
  • OakRidge - Where are these made?
    We are based out of Kearney, Missouri.
    ·
  • fairchasefairchase Posts: 239
    edited October 2012
    They have got one. It's called Death Dust. Pile it on good and thick , and it will Giddy you on up !

My bad   I thought that said  Omm Poopa Now Now.
    ·