Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

It happened alright...it definitely happened!

tortaboytortaboy Posts: 29
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
My son is home for a few more days before going back to college in Santa Barbara.

Though he is a health fanatic (Body is a temple type kid)...he had an unusual request before he goes back to school.

He wanted the Hardee's pulled pork cheeseburger that is advertised on tv every few minutes.

So....
Got some fresh Oroweat Crustini buns.
A little mayo on one side, a little bbq sauce on the other.
Charred some burgers, and added some wonderful melty cheese.
Heated up some pulled pork (Smoked a few days ago).
Wife made some crispy onion rings to go on top of the pulled pork.

I now know what I want for my final meal! 

Even my son said, "Sooo much better than buying one from Carl's Jr."
I thought he meant cause it was free.  But what he meant was that the sandwich was great and no greasy, falling apart bun.

Sorry all...no pron...all I cared about at the moment was putting that sandwich in my mouth. 

Comments

• I though your son meant the two hot chicks in the commercial! :-O
  • I bet that sandwich was better than Carl's Jr but you have to admit that the commercial with those two lovely "pitmasters" is really hot. =P~
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,049
    There was a sandwich in that commercial???????????  I thought they were selling shorts!!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,616
    dlk7 said:
    There was a sandwich in that commercial??????????? 
    x2!  :)) Would have loved to see that your burger.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I though your son meant the two hot chicks in the commercial! :-O
    He goes to school in Santa Barbara.....those girls are the "5's" 
    ^:)^
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 24,635
    Oh, this ad.  I didn't even realize they were trying to sell sammiches 'till I read this thread! :)

• Oh, this ad.  I didn't even realize they were trying to sell sammiches 'till I read this thread! :)

WOW!!!

=D>