Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Easy gasket removal

Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 954
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have been planning to replace the gasket in one of my LBGE's. After I did some roasted peppers today I noticed a nice 1" piece of gasket looked loose so I decided now was the right time. After I finished the peppers I really had very little lump left so I opened it up and let her rip, well it only got to about 600 but stayed there for a while. When it was down around 250 I got a scrapper and started removing the gasket. It just about fell off, I guess from being hot. Anyway from now on when I plan on a gasket replacement I will be heating my egg up first. This was just to easy, it took about 5 minutes.

2012-09-11_16-05-26_268a.jpg
800 x 600 - 236K

Comments