Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crackers

Options
mrosener
mrosener Posts: 26
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
A couple months ago I did some bacon wrapped crackers with parmesan cheese.  They're incredibly simple to make.  I've done them numerous times in the oven and they always get great reviews.  This time I decided to do them in the egg.  They turned out pretty good, the only issue was that the egg kept them so moist the crackers ended up a bit soggy.  So I finished them in the oven for about 15-30 minutes to dry them out a bit.  They ended up with a nice smokey flavor.

Ingredients:
  • Bacon (I prefer peppered bacon for some heat)
  • Crackers (Just club crackers will do; did multi-grain for this batch)
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese (the stuff in the tub; not the grated kind for spaghetti)
Prep:
  • Get the egg (or oven) to about 250 (could do higher, just watch for burning when cooking)
  • Take a teaspoon (or so) of parmesan cheese and put on a cracker
  • Wrap the cracker with parmesan with a half strip of bacon
Cook:
  • Cook at around 250 for a couple of hours or until the bacon looks done
  • As mentioned above, the crackers ended up a bit soggy due to the egg retaining moisture, just finish in the oven for a bit to dry them out (or just do them in the oven from the get go)

Comments