Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

did some spares tonight

Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 793
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
decided I wanted some spares today so of course I did them turbo. Read where someone did them with Red Eye Express so I had to give it a try. Used DP Dizzy Dust on a slab and DP Red Eye Express on a slab. All I can say is between the wife and I, the Red Express ones did not last.

Ribs turned out great. Had a little bark on them. They looked burnt but they were not at all. But were single bite through tender.

and juicy also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
·

Comments

• Those look great!  Were they foiled?
    XL BGE
    ·
  • Those look great!  Were they foiled?
    No, I do not foil my ribs.  350 degree indirect, bone side down for one hour, spray with apple juice at 30 min mark, Spray again at one hour mark, flip the ribs.  Then one hour bone side up, spray with AJ at 30 min mark.  I do BB's the same way.  2 hours sure beats 4-6 hours. Rarely do they not come out single bite through tender.  And the juices on the ribs in the 2nd pic speaks for itself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Thanks for the info.  I have yet to foil mine, but have often thought about it.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • I will try It this weekend for BB. Thanks for sharing!
    ·
  • Dang...that picture is making me hungry.

·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    I have to try some turbo ribs soon.  Those look good.
    ·