Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Butt

RDMSRDMS Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Pork

I am getting ready to do my first pork butt for pulled pork. Just purchased a pork butt 4 lb, what is best way to smoke?

Thanks again,

RDMS

·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    edited August 2012
    Are you looking for recipes or temps or set ups?

FYI you may not get much response posting in the pork section and could try the EggHead Forum for general questions.
    ·
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243

I rub with mustard then my rub.   Cook it indirect I run 250 to 275 in the dome.   Make sure your thermometer is calibrated.   I pull mine off at 195 to 200 internal temp.   Wrap in foil, towel and put in a cooler until ready to serve.    Takes about 1.5 to 2 hours per pound.

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·