Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Commissary meat prices!

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife is able to shop at the Navy commissary for groceries...we really hadn't been going that much (at all since getting my egg) but went today. HO-LY they have some great prices, and quality meat. Got a 9lb pork butt for $1.22/lb! Everything was priced this well, and all looked fantastic. Where have I been?! Lucky wife has access.

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,309
    Where do you live, Mole?

• Maybe I should enlist?

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.

• Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
    Where do you live, Mole?

Virginia Beach
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 362
    great prices for great people that have served / currently serving our great country.  Nice payback for them....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,987
    Choice briskets are $2.00 per lb.

Meat is the ONLY thing I buy from the commissary or the exchange.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,492
    I took a tour of one as part of my first base orientation; they cant make a profit, so they have mych lower costs. Mine would special order stuff and if ut sold rregularly theyd stock it.
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,629
    For me the commissary is about 90min drive. Have not yet made the trip, is it worth it? I used to go to the local one when we lived in Indy.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 28 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.