Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best BBQ restaurants you've been to.

Options
124»

Comments

• valleyboy
    Options

1.  Dinosaur in Syracuse and soon to be in Buffalo

2.  Kentucky Greg's  Depew NY

3.  Oklahoma Joe's  KC

• ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    Another of my top favorites is Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, AL for ribs. I havent been there in years, though. The one in Birmingham is somewhat ... uh, different. Maybe the original one is different too, for all I know.

It's time for a road trip.

Tim
    Tim,

The one in Birmingham is a different breed. The one in T-town isn't as good as it used to by IMO, but I enjoy going at least once each football season.
    Are you old enough to remember Archibald's in Northport? Do you know if it's still there? When I went to UofA, that's where the folks in the know went. Man it was good!

Tim
    Yes, Archibald's is still there. Pork - sliced or ribs, white bread, chips and canned cokes. (for those of you that have never been, I just quoted the entire menu). Go by there at least once every football season. I know it's not BBQ, but I assume you frequented City Cafe as well??
    I know I heard about it, but I don't think I ever actually went to it. I can't remember for sure, I was there back in the mid-70's.

Tim
  • lakebndegg
    Options
    Wilburs in Goldsboro,NC
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    So many really good ones, I live in Austin now....lived in Memphis before that...and have visited all the "Meccas" of the craft. Here's my list now:

Brisket: Smitty's in Lockhart - worst meal I ever had there was really good. Been to Franklin's a couple times and it's much more inconsistent. Have had equally sublime brisket compared to Smitty's, but have also been really disappointed after a 40 minute wait. Looking forward to the new Schmidt Family BBQ in Bee Cave - literally will be within walking distance

Pulled Pork - hands DOWN Central in Memphis, but love the Germantown Commissary for overall experience and their BBQ nachos RULE!

Baby Backs - Whole Hog Cafe in Little Rock, AR - simply awesome, super consistent

Sausage - Luling Market in Luling, TX

That said, I've had great Que at Dreamland in AL, Lexington BBQ in KY, Oklahoma Joe's in KC, Kreutz in Lockhart, Opie's in Spicewood, TX and I look forward to trying some of the ones listed here.
  • STANGOJE
    STANGOJE Posts: 44
    Options
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Austin, have you tried Snows in Lexington, or City market in Gidings?  Any date for Schmidt's opening.  Opie's next on our list. Have not been to Franklin's (better half has) not enough patience to stand in long line.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Options
    I’m so jealous. I’m in Oakland, Ca. and you’d think there would be some decent bar-b-que restaurants here. The family owned locally celebrated chain makes money off people who don’t know what bar-b-que is. The sauce on the supermarket shelf with their name on it is pretty good. The sauce they serve in their stores is disgustingly sweet on dried out meat and poultry. There was a good one that started with a joint in Berkeley and opened another in Oakland. We went there twice and loved the place. We went a third time and everything was so toned down it was like Gerber-que. The chef said customers had complained everything was to “hot” and too “spicy”. On the plus side all our bar-b-que is done on the deck and I don’t have to fret about driving home after a few beers.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    http://www.qbarbeque.com/
    Midlothian, VA.  It's Tuffy Stone's restaurants.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • galen
    galen Posts: 57
    Options

Aloha

Tried Uncle Bobo's BBQ on the Windward side of Oahu.

Went because it was recommended.  The ocean view is great.  And to have two ukulele's there to play.  Well my goodness.

Tried the brisket of beef sandwich with their own sauce.

The ocean view was great.

Aloha

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Amazing our different tastes in Q.  One of us can like or love a place and the next guy can think it is only so/so.  I guess that is one of the best things about it. Just like why they make chocolate and vanilla!! 
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    For those of you in the Fort Collins , CO area you can't beat Nordy's BBQ.  Their ribs are awesome!  My goal is too make ribs someday as good as theirs.   They also have a family feast for around $65 that includes brisket, pulled pork, sausage, chicken, and ribs with all the fixins.  It will feed 8 people easily with leftovers.  

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.