Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Stall. Holy .......!!!

Options
Mayberry
Mayberry Posts: 750
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
You guys aren't kidding about the stall on a brisket, are you? I just replaced my gasket and needed a slow, low temp cook to seal. The gasket before cooking ribeyes tonight. I bought a small flat to play with because I haven't done a brisket yet. It's around 4 pounds total. I put it on at 300 dome temp at 1 PM today. 4 1/2 hrs later , and internal temp still sitting at 168. I just cranked up to 350 to try to push it along.....I hope I don't dry it out. I want it to be good so I can eat on it for lunch over the next few days. Averaging 300-350 dome temp, and only a 4 lb flat, how much longer do you think I have? I need to get these steaks on in the next few hours. Btw, Wicked Good Weekend Warrior lump is some serious stuff!!! I had some tree trunk sized chunks in the bag. I'm going to get another few bags this week. It's the best I've seen for any low and slow cook, and pretty reasonable price-wise, too.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments