Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My favorite Rib Rub has fallen...

Options
Dave in Florida
Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
My favorite rib rub Home BBQ.com went head to head tonight with John Henry's Texas Pig Rub and Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust.

Did them 350 indirect with peach wood. 1 hour bone side down. Then 1 hour bone side up. Then added Blues Hog. Ribs came out great. Single bite through tender.

Good Smoke ring on the ribs.

Dizzy Dust - Great flavor and a little spice on the end. Then add the Blues Hog sweetness. VERY good.

Home BBQ.com - Sweet and sweeter with the Blues Hog. A really good sweet rib.

John Henry's Texas Pig- Just as good as the Dizzy Dust, it just did not have the spice on the back side. Another VERY good rib.

The taste test was a split decision between the wife and I. She picked the John Henry's Texas Pig Rub. Mine was the the Dizzy Pig. I really like that little backside spice combined with the sweet Blues Hog sauce.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• Bandituba
    Options
    I've just started using Blues Hog and I love it. Dizzy Dust is my go to for ribs/butts. Tomorrow I'm picking up several jars of Blues Hog for two butts I'm smoking in the morning.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    I've just started using Blues Hog and I love it. Dizzy Dust is my go to for ribs/butts. Tomorrow I'm picking up several jars of Blues Hog for two butts I'm smoking in the morning.
    If you can find Sonny's Sweet sauce, mix Blues Hogs original 50/50 with Blues Hog for a really good sauce.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Never used Blues hog Sauce but I use their rub on pork.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Besides the Texas Chicken Tickler, I've never been a big fan of the JH's. To me, all the ones I tried seemed to have a lot of sugar in them. Too sweet for my tastes.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings