Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

At the Lake - No egg!

Options
Scott805
Scott805 Posts: 349
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Spending the weekend at the lake house with no egg.  Have my old group ready for cooking.  At least I have Wicked Good for charcoal.  Will not post cooking pics, since it is not official.

Red wasps are terrible this year!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I would pack up and leave... ;)
    Or find the closest BGE retailer and make it a very expensive weekend! :D
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Have to wonder if putting WG in those is a insult to them or the WG 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    :))

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I can see myself trying to explain that to the wife when she saw the credit card bill....

Kathy- Brian, anything you need to tell me about your camping trip last month?

Me- No, not really.

Kathy- Why is there a charge for $983 at Wally's Eggs N Things

Me- Oh that. Well, when we got to the lake all they had were a sh&tty grill and smoker. 

Kathy- So you had to buy a new Egg!?

Me- Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Kathy- What were you cooking that the "sh&tty grill and smoker" wouldn't suffice!?

Me- You know, burgers and hot dogs.

Kathy- (Throws arms in the air & walks away).
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Options
    You should have done a couple of butts on the egg at home and took them to the lake.    That is what I did last weekend.
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE