Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sous vide people

LitLit Posts: 6,731
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

I tried scrambled eggs in the sous vide last night and they were the best eggs ever. The recipe is below. To seal I just moved my food saver to the edge of the counter and had my fiancee use the pulse mode until all the air was out. I passed on the brown butter and caviar. I also did french toast on the egg which came out good but I made the camp bread I have seen posted here several times and it was dense so I needed to soak it longer than the time I had. Gonna cook at Eggtober fest this year so I am gonna try to perfect french toast as one of my breakfast cooks. Sorry only pic I have is of the bread I made the day before.

Recipe (adapted from Heston Blumenthal)

Serves 2

6 Large Eggs

25g Whole Milk

20g Heavy Cream

pinch of salt

20g Unsalted butter, melted

20g Brown Butter

1oz Caviar (optional)

Preparation:

Pre-Heat the water-bath to 75c

In a bowl, blend the eggs, milk, cream and salt with a hand blender or a whisk, then stir in the melted butter.

Divide the egg mixture in half and pour into two sous-vide bags. Seal under full pressure. For those that do not have a chamber vacuum (I don’t) you can use your regular food sealer. Pulse it to remove as much air as possible without sucking the liquid into the machine and seal.

Place the bags in the water bath and allow to cook for 15 minutes, massaging the eggs every 3-5 minutes. Mine took about 20 minutes but I think it was due to still having air in the bag. They are done when you can see the eggs starting to slightly come together.

To serve, remove the scrambled eggs from the bags and top with caviar and a drizzle of brown butter. Enjoy the best scrambled eggs you will ever have.image