Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggin in the rain

miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
While some of you may have seen my paint can approach to egging in the rain. 

As I am in Florida and it seems to always rain here. But the one thing I didn't like about it was that it built up to much condensation. So I was in Lowes the other day and thought hey what about a rain cap. So I picked up the 6 inch model and it fit perfectly. ( it will fit the Med and Large Egg.) 

You can even adjust the DW without removing it like I had to before. Well as this year appears to be a rainy one for some, I hope this helps some of you all Keep on eggin ... rain or shine. 

·

Comments

• mjrodneymjrodney Posts: 12

As I sit here this evening, I'm watching a storm roll through, and seeing abundant rain through the window.

I commented to my bride that I am glad not to be egging tonite.

But if'n I was.........hmmmm......

Good idea. I will purchase two of these tomorrow.

One for the Egg.

One for my head.

·
  • Ranger908Ranger908 Posts: 44
    I understand.  Right now the wind in blowing in the front door and the back door at the same time.  There is a big purple spot on the radar headed this way.  Hope that means it's clearing up.  Lowe's tomorrow butt in the fridge.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,406
    Rain sounds wonderful right now in these parts.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • i want some rain !!!
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Yes please send the rain here to the Midwest!
    ·
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    in western nc - we need the rain more than a cap :) - thanks for the idea

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    exactly how I do it, works like a charm even in heavy downpours
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    This is how I egg in the rain!image
    ·