Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thanks To TRex!

JackbytheseaJackbythesea Posts: 102
edited 4:57AM in EggHead Forum
Cooked 2 Prime Strip steaks tonite. 2 inches thick! Total weight 3.30 lbs. ($16.99 a lb.!) Followed TRex instructions to the letter. My 30 year old son who works in NY city and has a big exspense account, takes customers to all the best steak houses in NY, said it was the best he ate![p]Thank you TRex! Thanks BGE! Owned my large for only 3 weeks! Many more to come![p]Jack

Comments

• mulemule Posts: 152
    jackbythesea,
    Now you will find it difficult to go to a restuarant for a steak!! We just can't find anything as good as a T-Rexed steak on the Egg!!!

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    mule,
    Aint that the truth. My wife and and I are waiting for a rainy day to go eat at the best steak joint in town and I know I'm gonna be making my TRex'ed steak the bench mark for comparison.
    Happy at home, Clay

• GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    P8100194.JPG
    <p />mule,[p]Welcome to the TRex club! I don't eat steak at restaurants any more. I just can't bring myself to be disappointed and to pay for it as well.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,709
    medrare.JPG
    <p />jackbythesea,[p]Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you had such success.[p]Keep those flames rising! [p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,411
    GrillMeister,
    Beautiful shot. Don't you clean your grate first?? ;-)
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    P8100199.JPG
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]Thanks. I kinda of noticed that myself. I usually run a wire brush over things after they get burnt off, but I guess I forgot in my excitment of searing beautiful NY Strips at 750 degrees. The steaks turned out wonderful though.[p]Kinda makes me wish for steak & eggs for breakfast.
  • LOGLOG Posts: 85
    jackbythesea,
    I do these all the time. Last night I picked up a whole strip that I had the butcher cut into 2" steaks to TREX Sat. night with some marinated shrimp. Surf and Turf Yeeee Doggy!

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    TRex,[p]What did you put on those? That crust certainly looks pretty![p]mShark
  • JackbytheseaJackbythesea Posts: 102
    TRex,
    You're the best! Thanks again. I like how everyone has been so helpful to me being new and all.
    Jack

• IronbaughIronbaugh Posts: 93
    TRex,
    That is one good looking steak. Grillmeister's too!!

• egghead2004egghead2004 Posts: 423
    GrillMeister,
    That, my friend, is an awesome picture. It somehow found its way to being the background of my PC here at work. Can you tell I'm hungry already? Darn, no egged food for me tonight, my soon to be former work mates are taking me out for a going away party tonight...I almost want to skip out and cook some steaks.

700plus.jpg
    <p />egghead2004,[p]Thanks. My wife took ti as I was just putting on the last steak. Here's the magic temperature.
  • egghead2004egghead2004 Posts: 423
    GrillMeister,[p]"My wife took ti as I was just putting on the last steak"[p]
    I just sent an email to my wife with your last post. See not all wives think taking pictures of your food is retarted.[p]

egghead2004,[p]I know what you mean. Some folks have asked me what my neighbors think seeing spend so much time with my eggs, cooking, smoking, drinking beer, taking pictures, etc.[p]I tell them "It's egg thing, you wouldn't understand" LOL
  • Mark BackerMark Backer Posts: 1,018
    egghead2004,[p]My wife likes to say "man, you should have taken a picture of THAT..." [p]always helpful when the barn's free of horses.[p]
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,709
    Hi Mollyshark.[p]Cracked pepper, olive oil, and some type of "designer" sea salt blend that my wife found in a specialty cooking type store. I think the sea salt has some red pepper flakes in it. It's good stuff. I'll figure out the name of it when I get home.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
    jackbythesea,[p]Great looking steak. I can taste it all the way to Florida!