Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost made a rookie mistake

Options
ncbbq
ncbbq Posts: 257
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking some St. Louis style spare ribs today. Had the fire lit everything in place and the meat on the grill. Dome said about 250 and Maverick said about 114 at the grid. I was thinking that I have never seen that large of a divergence. Since I was rushed because of starting later than I wanted I thought maybe it was because the plate setter had not come up to temp so I opened up the vents to increase the heat. Then I looked a little closer and when I was fiddling with the buttons I managed to set the Maverick on Celsius mode by accident. That would have been some nuclear temps if I didn't catch that screw up. Luckily I caught it early on and all is good now. Running steady around 244 at the grid now and looking forward to some ribs.

The moral, don't make the same mistake as me and make sure you are in Fahrenheit.

Comments