Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A Successful July 4th Holiday. (picture heavy)

BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,862
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday was a great BBQ at my house. 

For apps I made ABTs, I did a cream cheese and mexican cheese mixture (costco shredded mexican cheese mix) in a jalapeno wrapped in bacon.  I cooked these for 30 minutes indirect at 400.  They turned out great.

For dinner I made salmon with a marinade that I used on the shrimp as well.  The marinade was cilantro, parsley, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, honey, and some other spices.  The salmon I did direct at about 425 (temp had creeped up between ABT removal) until 125.

Then I did shrimp direct at 450 and they also turned out great.  The shrimp were both u-15 and u-8, so if you noticed it, your eyes are not playing tricks on you!

I have also attached my happy customers, probably more happy with their cookies than the food at this point, haha.

Hope everyone else had a good BBQ too!
018.JPG 2.3M
019.JPG 2.2M
020.JPG 2.3M
023.JPG 2.5M
024.JPG 2.1M
025.JPG 2.2M
·

Comments

• yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 361
    Everything looks great!  Do you slice your jalapenos open or cut the stem end out? 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,862
    I cut the jalapeno's in half and removed the seeds and membrane.  Then I filled with cheese and wrapped a piece of bacon around the jalapeno half.
    ·
  • brewbqbrewbq Posts: 52
    I do the jalapenos the same way.  They are awesome.  We always mix different spices in with the cream cheese, sometimes adding cheddar or other cheeses as well.  They always come out delicious.
    ·
    It was my second any cook, and I am trying cheese, pulled pork, and spices abt today.
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Everyone loves the abt, I really need to try them. Your food looks tasty by the way!
    ·
    My wife looked at me crazy when I said I wanted abts for breakfast.. lol jalapeno, cheese, bacon, add egg and I am good.
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    My wife thought I was crazy when I woke up at 4:30 to make a Breakfast Bacon explosion! (I try my best to not disagree with her)...LOL
    ·
  • looks terrific- ill try the the jalapenos tonight and let you know.
    ·