Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Living My 4th Through You

blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
edited July 2012 in Forum List
I really wanted to give my new XLBGE a test run this 4th. However, I won't get it until Friday and I got called into work today. So, I would love to see all the great BBQ you guys did today. Maybe, a quick discription also to give the newbie some ideas. I maybe new but I already consider you guys second family (shhhh don't tell wife and kids). I spend way too much time reading about the BGE lol. Happy 4th. Be safe and enjoy!!
·

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,128
    Ah thats no good. I work call too. It's great when u pull a supper off the egg set it down and then beep beep beep beep and off you run to the hospital supper sitting on the counter :(

I'm off and off call too :)

Got ribs

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A bacon explosion

And chicken. Not from the egg tho

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    I'm extremely curious about the Bacon Explosion. My wife would go crazy. I'm guessing it's bacon wrapped something? How do you cook it? Direct or Indirect
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    I did a pork butt.
    @MrCookingNurse I just gave a "smoke n grill" away last week. When I got my Egg I thought I would keep it just in case, but the egg makes bbq so much easier that I knew it was time to say good bye to my old friend that got me started.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,439
    @ Brownie-been there done that-Weber and Kingsford for many years-SWMBO suggested gasser-my reply "when I'm too old for charcoal (w/o any BGE knowledge...), then time for a gasser".  As you would expect within about 6 weeks here is the Weber Genesis gasser-credit where credit is earned-it did a good job for many  years-got the smoke bug-started with the "water gassers" and sorta figured it out but very labor intensive-too many challenges with the smokers-"declared victory" did some research and landed with the BGE a few years ( only 2 +) ago. Never looked back (Satchel Paige-don't look back, somethin might be gainin on ya) and thoroughly enjoy the BGE and the community.  Happy B'day USA!
    Louisville
    ·

OHHHH look at that butt

=P~
    ·
  • EldeElde Posts: 129
    No pix, but I did 14lbs of Lexington Style BBQ - everyone raved about it.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 32 lbs of ribs
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    Very nice I bet you could get another 8 lbs on there.  =))
    ·
    @double do you have any left over? I'm catching the first flight out of Cali!
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Ye just a bit! Even gave some to next door don't know how I figured 5 people would eat all that haha my 4 yr old let me down he is normally good for half a rack but only wanted the corn tonight.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·