Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Which Pizza stone should I get?

GolfanaticGolfanatic Posts: 33
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I saw this deal at Target for their house brand Chefmate 3 piece set. For $30 you get 16" pizza stone, foldable spatula, and a pizza cutter. Does it really matter or is a ceramic pizza stone a ceramic pizza stone?

Comments

• Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    edited July 2012
    Look and see what temp its rated at. If its only 500 I would pass on it. I have an XL BGE pizza stone and I love it. 
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186

It needs to be at least 1/2" thick.  Pampered Chef stones are abot 1/4" thick and they will crack on the egg.

I like BGE stones, or ceramic grill store stones.

• allitnilsallitnils Posts: 109
    I'd say it's a good deal. If it cracks, so be it. At 30 quid you can't go wrong. And you'll get a pizza cutter and spatula at the end it it.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118

It needs to be at least 1/2" thick.  Pampered Chef stones are abot 1/4" thick and they will crack on the egg.

+1  thickness is one of the most important variables to consider.
  • allitnilsallitnils Posts: 109

+1  thickness is one of the most important variables to consider.
    That's what sh....

hhm..

never mind.
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,373
    One of my cheapo cost plus stones cracked but still usable. @9.99 for a pair can't complain.
    Seattle, WA