Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New storage table and Friday night pizza

Options
Budgeezer
Budgeezer Posts: 669
edited July 2012 in Baking

Well the gas grill does still come in handy, I still also use it for hot dogs. 

Friday pizza night, first pizza cotija cheese, red pepper flake, EVOO, salt, pepper.   Second pizza salsa, left over chicken thighs, a mexican cheese blend, pickled jalepenos, carmelized onions, EVOO, salt, pepper.  Third pizza, BBQ sauce, left over burnt ends, cheddar cheese, spicy pickles, EVOO, salt pepper.  Last pizza is always the garbage pizza whatever ingredients we have left.  Went with 600 degrees and pretty happy with the results.

Edina, MN

Comments

• Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Options
    What's that in the 1st pix? I think I've seen something like that before.  =)) Your pizzas look great. 
  • Chunky_Charc
    Options
     Where did you get your Boos Block cutting board?  My kitchen island is an original Boos Block butcher block, hard maple made from 24 inch long maple planks that are about 1.25 inches thick and ranging from 3 inches to about 8 inches in width joined together by dovetails.  I restored it about 15 years ago.  It has the nice wavey surface of a block that well used back in the day.  It came out of an old meat market in Lousianna. 
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
     Where did you get your Boos Block cutting board?
    Your counter tops sound nice.  I purchased a couple from :http://www.cutleryandmore.com/maple-cutting-boards  they offer free shipping which is a plus due to the weight of these things. The one in the picture has the juice moat on the other side it is 24x18x1.5, I also have a 24x18x2.5 which is my go to for major chopping work.
    Edina, MN

• bob3808
    bob3808 Posts: 2
    Options
    Funny, my Weber looks the same way. Using it as a shelving, which I guess means it's time to settle the build or buy a table question.