Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ThermoWorks boiling point calculator . . .

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I thought my thermapen was acting up on my this weekend, so I tested in some boiling water and COULD NOT get it to move past 210.7 . . . .  

I found this awesome link on their website that lets you figure out exactly what temperature water boils at based off your location. Turns out that water in my area today boils at 210.67 . . . so my thermapen reading 210.7 is dead on, soooooo phucking smart !! 

Here is the link for the "thermoworks boiling point calculator"  http://thermoworks.com/software/ . . Just click RUN and it walks you through the details.  I am sure many of you guys already know this, but learning experience as I now know water boils +/- 6 degrees based off your location.  I will not doubt this brilliant device ever again. 

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”