Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

ThermoWorks boiling point calculator . . .

NDGNDG Posts: 1,326
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I thought my thermapen was acting up on my this weekend, so I tested in some boiling water and COULD NOT get it to move past 210.7 . . . .  

I found this awesome link on their website that lets you figure out exactly what temperature water boils at based off your location. Turns out that water in my area today boils at 210.67 . . . so my thermapen reading 210.7 is dead on, soooooo phucking smart !! 

Here is the link for the "thermoworks boiling point calculator" . . Just click RUN and it walks you through the details.  I am sure many of you guys already know this, but learning experience as I now know water boils +/- 6 degrees based off your location.  I will not doubt this brilliant device ever again. 

Columbus, Ohio