Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chili on the Egg

Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was for dinner tonight.  Added nice amount of hickory chunks to smoke the heck out of it. It was amazing.  My wife is a health nut and had two big bowls as well. My 5yo son made cupcakes on his own (with mommy supervision) as well). The smokiness added made good chili even better. Just amazing  :)

XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,135
    Eggcellent

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Thanks guys. It was a little warm today but it hit the spot for sure. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,044
    Looks awesome
    Boom
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,867
    Bodacious =D>
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
    Thanks guys, it truly added to the chili. Everything is better on the Egg, except maybe Jello. :))
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited June 2012
    Is that an enamel coated CI pot? I don't think the Mrs would let me put one of hers in the egg.
    btw, kid cupcakes rule!
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Looks good !  Our forecast is over 100° for the next 3 days.  I think I'll wait until we get a cold front and it drops below 95°   B-)
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
  • EldeElde Posts: 148
    edited June 2012
    Been doing that for a couple of years now, it's *awesome*.
    Been doing that for a couple of years now, it's *awesome*.
    I agree 100%. The added flavor from the smoke really puts it at another level. Love this Egg!
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102

I just wrap bowls or pots with foil ... keeps the smoke off for easier cleanups....

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.

I just wrap bowls or pots with foil ... keeps the smoke off for easier cleanups....

Another good idea.  The wife was beotching while cleaning the pot last night.